Friday, May 17, 2013

Who's Awesome?


Ever had those days where you feel completely un-awesome? I do. I look around at my messy house, my riotous children (my youngest was running laps at the frozen yogurt place today), my hair in a bun for the fourth straight day, and I feel un-awesome.

It's easy to feel awesome when things are great, but it's during those other times that we need to remind ourselves what awesomeness really isn't and is.

Awesomeness isn't a perfectly clean house, perfectly obedient children, homemade meals every night made while we wear pearls and an apron in the kitchen. It isn't the size of our pants, the color of our skin or hair, or the length of our nails. Awesomeness can't be measured by money or things.

So, what is awesome, then? 

These things are Awesome: love, gratitude, forgiveness, kindness, mercy, empathy, humility, patience, sacrifice, service, and love (yes, I said it twice, because love is doubly awesome).

I'm not perfect at anything on this list, but I've got pieces of them in me. And these pieces join together to create something beautiful, something awesome.


That's the way God intends me to be--awesome. That's the way He wants me to see myself. I am awesome, and I won't apologize for it. I can't apologize for it. It would be rude. God made me that way, and He doesn't make mistakes.

So I go on living my awesome life, being as awesome as I can. And when I forget, I simply have to remind myself that He made me this way. He made me awesome.



And He made you Awesome, too. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. They don't know you like He does. He know who you are and what you can accomplish.



On the days that you might be feeling un-awesome, don't think about it too much. Just remember that.He knows you're awesome, because He made you that way.


You don't have to be everything to be awesome. The word isn't allsome for a reason. It's awesome . . . like you.

Now, go forward, with a smile on your face (mustache optional) and Just. Be. Awesome.






And remember, we are pretty much at the top of the Awesome Meter. And the Awesome Meter never lies.

3 comments:

  1. What a nice post. It's so easy to feel down. I know I've been feeling like a failure the past few days. So much better to focus on the positive, though. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this pep talk this morning. Yes! I'm awesome! Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! Okay, now I can go forth and conquer--anything, with a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Awesome despite all my shortcomings. Yes!

    ReplyDelete