Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I have to tell you, out of all the writing books I've read, this one is my absolute favorite! It has become my bible of writing of sorts--my easy go-to resource. (And I am not even getting paid to say so.)


It is organized into dozens of stand-alone mini-chapters (I'm talking 1-2 pages long) on everything from pacing, to character development to POV to flashbacks.  You name it and it's in there!

One of the things I love the most about this book is that it is filled with charts, graphs and tools.  

When I first started writing I was a 'Pantser.' I wrote the first three chapters by the seat of my pants.

Then I stalled.

I realized that, even though I had in mind the plot, message and ending, I wasn't able to write more.

A friend gave me this book as a gift, and it unlocked that magic of Plotting.

This book gave me the tools necessary to plot my novel, give it structure and pacing.  It taught me strategies and techniques that improved my writing and story by leaps and bounds.

"Hello. My name is Michelle, and I'm a plotoholic."

It's a great writing too, even if you're a Pantser.  You can purchase it at Amazon here if you're interested.



I have recreated many of the charts and tools on my own computer while I was writing The Rise of Addie Moon, and I have the author's permission to share them with you. Email me if you are interested.

Happy writing--and may the words be with you!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment